Re: We need proof and we need it now!!!!!!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on June 08, 1998 at 10:40:34:

In Reply to: Re: We need proof and we need it now!!!!!!!!!! posted by Indiana Jones on June 05, 1998 at 12:44:05:

: : : : Allright. Ken's gone. He got tired of hearing rumors and other things. Right now, what I am asking of you hardcore, and I mean really HARDCORE Indy fans is to get some news, tangible news I can sink my teeth into. If these rumors keep occuring, and people start following what Ken's doing, we're not going to have a forum any more. Who knows, maybe Lucas or Speilberg or Ford goes to this place and sees what we're saying! Maybe they want to know how much we want Indy! I know how hard it is to do, finding facts about Indy 4. I know it's asking a lot, but we need to keep this forum going. Some of us, this includes me, need this place to know that there are other people out there who are Indiana Jones fans out there. That there are still people out there who like Indiana Jones as much as Star Wars or even more. That this genre will not die out due to lack of interest. I know alot of you think I'm thinking out of my butt, but that's just all I have to say.
: : : : Indy

: : : OK, I agree it would be nice to have tangible info about Indy 4, but I don't agree that it is necessary to keep this forum going. As I said in my reply to Ken's original post-Rosie post, there are plenty of other Indiana Jones things out there than just the rumored fourth movie. It is only very recently that this board has been fueled by rumor after rumor. It is only recently that this latest spat of Indy rumors has popped up on the net. Again, I'll state that there are plenty of other things to discuss in the world of Indiana Jones: There is a new computer game coming out!!! Perhaps a comic, and as someone speculated, maybe even a soundtrack will accompany this! There is a new novel coming out this summer sometime! The Young Indy Chronicles will have to be released on video eventually. After all, they did go to all the trouble of filming those final two installments. And even without all that new stuff, we could have plenty of discussion on this forum just talking about the existing Indy canon. There are three movies to discuss, more than 20 TV episodes, lots of novels, and lots of comics. I'm glad that this forum is attracting the most activity I've seen here since its inception, but it doesn't have to all relate to Indy 4 rumors. After all, that's only a VERY small part of Micah's page, anyway! The page is devoted to existing Indy stuff! So, here: I'll propose some interesting topic threads that have nothing to do with a fourth movie:
: : : What is your favorite Indy novel? Why?
: : : Who is the best Indy author?
: : : What Indy comic book did you like the best? Why?
: : : Marvel Vs. Dark Horse
: : : How did Indy spend WWII? That time period is off limits to book and comic writers per order of George Lucas
: : : WHEN ARE THE FREAKIN' YOUNG INDY VIDEOS COMING OUT ALREADY???
: : : Has anyone actually seen "Transylvania 1918?"
: : : Who plays the Indy roleplaying game?
: : : Is it just me, or does a fly actually crawl into Belloq's mouth when he is telling Indy to blow up the Ark with his bazooka?
: : : Which Indy poster is your favorite?
: : : Marion vs. Willie vs. Elsa vs. Sophie
: : : What is your favorite Indy-inspired movie or TV show? (Or Indy rip-off.) Mine is obviously "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr."

: : : Etc. You get the picture. I've avoided questions about where to get Indy's clothes, because I think that's finally been covered to its fullest extent on this forum. ;) But it would be nice to discuss some of these topics instead of the latest recycled internet rumor about Indy 4, wouldn't it?
: : : Brisco

: : Totally agree, Brisco. Problem we have is that information is passing back and forth to quickly with the internet, and I'm afraid people get burned out with the Indy IV anticipation. Hate to pull a "when I was your age" story, but Ken should have been around in the 1981- 84 period of time after Raiders. The internet didn't exist, even by rumor, and all WE had was magazine rumors and word of mouth. No contact between Indy fans what so ever. I didn't even know until Micah created this masterpiece of technology transfer that the interest was GLOBAL, not regulated to U.S. interest. For that, I will always be indebted to Micah and all forum contributors. If Ken can't stand the waid now, he'd have just plain died at the beginning of the odyesy. You learn patience after going through the first two sets of Indy movies. I am not concerned regarding the upcoming number IV. Until then, there is plenty going on, as you pointed out above, and more to come. A lot of forum writers have come and gone over the past year, and new ones signing on each week to fill the ranks. Don't be concerned. Just keep the dialog going. Regards. Michaelson

: All right. I may have....., no, I did go insane when I wrote that post. I don't know what I was on. It's just these millions of rumors that keep popping up. "Indy 4's been shelved", "There's no Indy 4", "George and Steven and I are discussing a script." That's just why I wrote that. Sorry if I freaked out.

: Indy

No problem. We all suffer through days like that. It was just your turn. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]