Re: cut Raiders shot in book

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on December 08, 1999 at 14:10:59:

In Reply to: cut Raiders shot in book posted by geoff on December 07, 1999 at 21:18:08:

: just thought you all would like to know...i was at barnes and noble tonight and they had a huge black hardcover book titled "the movie book", published in london, 1999. it's $39.95 and lists hollywood celebs in alphabetical order. i turned to harrison ford, and the whole page is a big shot of the whip vs. sword battle from the marketplace in raiders. i'd never seen that shot before. by the way, at my barnes and noble (allentown, pennsylvania), the book was on the 1st table as soon as you walk in, 10 feet straight ahead. enjoy!

This is an entire scene that was supposed to have been in the original movie and was shot in various sequences, but because Ford was ill during the filming of the scene, this was the time he suggested just shooting the swordsman and moving on as he was not up to par to finish the shot. The remainder of the footage ended up on the infamous cutting room floor. Needless to say the actor playing the swordsman was not happy with the results, as reportedly he had practiced for months perfecting his moves. Oh well, it happens. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]