Re: Oh, why gee, thanks!... :: blushes ::

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Joe from dialup105.multilinkws.com on December 08, 1999 at 21:44:28:

In Reply to: Wow!, pretty informed... posted by Mr. Havlock on December 08, 1999 at 20:55:12:

: Yep, its an old one all right. I think it might have been one of the first cd's my dad ever bought. We also had one of the very first portable cd players from sony. It was mostly metal, wieghed about 3 lb's, and cost upwards of $300!! The cd itself is a real museum piece. In the upper right hand corner is a red logo stating, "DIGITAL recording". Ooooooooohhh... Inside it reads, "Made in west Germany", and it even has a brief description of this new 'digital' technology, and care instructions for the disc!

Yeah, that “digital recording” notice in the upper right corner is pretty odd now, especially since it repeats the same information that’s stated on the left, right over the words “the original motion picture soundtrack” :-) A lot of my older CDs have the descriptions of the technology and how to care for it in the back.

As for your player itself... 3 lbs? My, it’s interesting what users of previous generations of a given technology consider “portable”... ;-)

- IJ

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]