Re: Spielberg's comments, would like to hear some of YOURS

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-15.COL.cableone.net on December 09, 1999 at 11:09:24:

In Reply to: Spielberg's comments, would like to hear some of YOURS posted by DrJones on December 09, 1999 at 09:58:24:

: Lead me to believe that we will see an Indy IV. I dont buy the "if Harrison can still do it" (not an exact quote mind you) It sounded to me as if he really wanted to do it but for whatever reason, it remains in development hell. He also assured Larry that he wanted to make "fun" type movies, a musical, a comedy, another Indiana Jones..so all and all, I think we will see our man back on the big screen before too much longer. all and all, I think this was a terrific interview.

: What did the rest of you whom caught it think? I believe it will be rerun on Saturday so those of you whom missed it may get another chance or you can always find the transcripts on CNN.com

: regards to all,
: DrJones

I think the key word he used was "eventually". Also, King, in his question, made it sound as if it was common knowledge that Indy 4 would be made. Spielberg had kinda a funny reaction to this before he said, "well yes, eventually", and then added the age reference. What surprised me the most was that he has been on hiatus since directing 3 movies in a year. His upcoming film projects may be done in the same manner. We may see him direct 2 or 3, then take a break, and get back at it again. My take on all of this is that it may be a couple of years or more before he gets around to directing Indy 4. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]