actually....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on December 09, 1999 at 15:06:23:

In Reply to: Update on the Christie's whip posted by Satipo on December 09, 1999 at 14:56:34:

: Thanks for the response to my earlier post guys. I have just read in today's 'Evening Standard' (a London newspaper) that the whip was the surprise performer of the auction. It finally went for £27,600!!! The new owner is an American fan called Anthony Pugliese III. Interestingly, the article describes the whip as being only 8ft 10ins long and states that it was used by Ford in all three films. Does this shorter length give weight to the personal target whip theory suggested by Michaelson?

: Adios,

: Satipo

: P.S. For those who are interested, the scruffy blue door featured in 'Notting Hill' went for £5,750.

actually, I think's probably because Harrison didn't generally need a hugely long whip. Think about it....if he's not going to use it for a scene, does he really need to have this massive coil of kangaroo hide hanging from his belt. It would probably look a little awkward at least. I'm guessing that it was probably one of several of various lengths used throughout the filming. There's a picture of Indy and Sallah lifting out the ark from its case in the well of the souls and it's a straight side on view of Indy. It looks large, but I don't think that's 12 or 15 or whatever the length was Indy had for his "official" whip

Brian K.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]