Re: About the Christie's whip...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from FLNTB209-17.splitrock.net on December 09, 1999 at 21:34:04:

In Reply to: About the Christie's whip... posted by Satipo on December 09, 1999 at 13:23:57:

: Hello forum people,

: I know I've mentioned this before, but aren't the film whips supposed to be 12 plait? Yet here we have another auction description talking about 16 plait. Why do they keep making this mistake?

: Also, would they really have used the same whip in all three films? Surely a new one would have been supplied for each one.

: "Throw me the idol, I throw you the whip! Adios, senior."

: Satipo

Although the photo from Christie’s is a little out of focus, The bullwhip looks more like the standard 12 plait. I also seem to remember a statement from David Morgan saying the whips he supplied for production were all 12 plaits from his 451 series.

If production still had bullwhips left over and still in good condition from the previous films, they may very well have used them. That might also explain why some of the bullwhips in the movies look brand new and others well don’t.

As for the length, given the fact that they used a wide variety of lengths for filming the 8ft description is no surprise. However if the whip did come directly from Harrison Ford personal collection or was his “personal” bullwhip, one would think there would be more specific documentation other than just one note, as that would probably significantly raise the starting price.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]