Re: Indy vs Bond

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-tp014.proxy.aol.com on December 11, 1999 at 21:20:47:

In Reply to: Indy vs Bond posted by Tom Tomlinson from Tomsbury, Tomford on December 09, 1999 at 12:17:15:

: Indy would smash Bond's smug face. Any thoughts. (I'm English by the way, so there's no bias). Don't anyone write any crap about them both being good and working as a team - Indy would hate him.

I would have to agree, if Indy were to meet the character of James Bond (no matter who portrayed him), he would probably despise him. The character Connery plays in LC is VERY different than James Bond (well, except for the whole sleeping with Elsa thing, James Bond would have slept with her too). I mean, come on, James Bond did a lot of cool things, and got into a lot of dangerous situations, but he did it all while wearing a suit, or a silly tuxedo! And in the end, he didn't have a hair out of place on his head, hell, he didn't even have to straighten his tie! Even the difference in weapons, Bond has his Walther PPK 7.65 mm (or .32 cal.) and Indy has his Smith&Wesson or Webley .45 revolvers! Don't get me wrong, I like bond and all, but Indy is waaaayyyyy better. Oh geeze, think I'm rambling again.......
-GC......R

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]