Re: Raiders Script Differences

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cap'n Paul from 204.208.30.165 on June 09, 1998 at 03:44:54:

In Reply to: Raiders Script Differences posted by Aaron on June 08, 1998 at 20:37:48:

: : : We first saw Indy with the bottle of the grape in his rooms when he offered a glass to Marcus, and finished his own of wine in Raiders, after Marcus obtained permission from the government for Indy to find the Ark. Regards. Michaelson

: : And in this scene, as originally written, and, I believe, originally filmed, there was a woman in Indy's house then, too. In the script she's described as a "flapper" type, I think, though it's about a decade too late for that. But Indy answers the door in his bathrobe, with a bottle of wine, and this woman is sitting around waiting for him in a nightgown or something. It's very much like the scene in Live and Let Die where M and Moneypenny burst in on James Bond at home when he already has another guest.
: : Brisco

: True, very true. But then again, I don't think the emphasis of that scene is drinking, is it? :)

: As Indy said in the script, "Marcus, now is not a good time..."

: ~Aaron

: No Aaron, I don't think drinking was the emphasis either. I think that it was all just a part of the characterization of a rough and tumble man of the 1930's. At least he didn't smoke. -CP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]