Re: Anyone know Hindi?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from 209.5.179.11 on December 12, 1999 at 09:17:42:

In Reply to: Anyone know Hindi? posted by Big Poppa Francis on December 12, 1999 at 09:01:51:

: I'm really sorry if this is redundant. What is that little rhyme that mola ram says twice in TOD, first before they whip Indy into submission, and next on the bridge/ladder as he tries to grab Indy's heart out? (something like, "maro maro sewa ko, jungni.....whatever")
: It's in the same rhythm Dr. Zeuss uses. "I will not eat them in a house, I will not eat them with a mouse..." etc.

: Also, do any of you ever double-take when they show Charles Barkley on TV, thinking it's mola ram playing basketball? I get so scared.

I don't know Hindi, but a friend of mine named Zamir was able to translate one of the lines during the Temple chant (Shorty, you'd know Zamir right? :), anyways, the last line Mola Ram says just before the dudes lowered the guy into the lava pit was something to the effect of "Your life is in my hands." That's really cool! Sorry, Zamir couldn't figure out what Mola Ram was saying at other times.

:)

Also, I'd like to know what the Sanskrit words in the score to TPM mean? That would also be awesome if anyone knew.

---------
---------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: