the Max McCoy novels

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm2-017.inetnebr.com on December 12, 1999 at 12:51:20:

A couple days ago I picked up my copy of "Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth", and started to re-read it, for the first time since 1997. I had read the Max McCoy novels some time before the Rob MacGregor novels, and as I was finishing chapter one I noticed a couple continuity problems: Indy's disbelief in a "hollow earth", and in the way the hollow earth as described.

Both oppose to the events and descriptions of MacGregor's "Indiana Jones and the Interior World". Also, in McCoy's "Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx", he mentions to Faye that he has "never been married". I realize, After Deirdre's death Indy forgot almost all the events of "IJ and the Seven Veils", and after his experiences in "IJ and the Interior World", Indy's memories were clouded. Still, I recall him trying to convince Marcus of what happened to him at the end of the book.

Does Indy just not remember? Or are the McCoy novels meant to take place in a seperate continuum or continuity from the MacGregor books? Or are the problems just mistakes? Anyone think of this before?

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]