Why do morons and psychos have to ruin everything for us normal people???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. Havlock from proxy-541.public.rwc.webtv.net on December 12, 1999 at 16:57:23:

I've just been surfing the net looking for websites that sell cap-guns, or just plain toys guns, HA! I guess my cousin is out of luck. 70% of the sites that popped up only concerned the 'moral' issues of allowing kids to play with toy guns. When I was a kid my favorite toy in the world, (next to my cheap swivel handle bullwhip), was my toy bolt action rifle. It was made from real wood and metal, had a green sling, and a fake plastic bullet inside the chamber. It kicked ass!!! I took it everywhere with me. My friends and I would play war almost every day. In addition to that rifle, I had an amazing array of cap pistols and bb-guns. Realistic looking black and silver squirt guns that would give todays parents heart attacks. My uncle bought me my first real rifle when I was 13. A .22 Marlin lever action. Shortly there-after, my parents enrolled me in the NRA. At 19 I now own 2 rifles and several high powered air rifles. A few weeks ago, my uncle informed me that the cheap $60 Crossman semi-auto air-pistol I own is considered illigeal for me to posess. You have to be 21 to own a bb-gun. If I were caught with it, it would be considered a FELONY. I've never even gotten a speeding ticket, but I could do serious time for shooting pop cans with a bb-gun. Right now, all I want is a Colt revolver like Indys. Can I get one? NO! I have to wait 2 years before society considers me responsible enough to own one. I've been responsible enough for 6 years. Screw the system, I'll just give my dad the money and have him buy one for me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]