Re: Mr. Havlock...I agree with you totally!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-wl061.proxy.aol.com on December 13, 1999 at 08:04:12:

In Reply to: Re: Mr. Havlock...I agree with you totally! posted by Mr. Havlock on December 12, 1999 at 20:40:39:

:
: : : I've just been surfing the net looking for websites that sell cap-guns, or just plain toys guns, HA! I guess my cousin is out of luck. 70% of the sites that popped up only concerned the 'moral' issues of allowing kids to play with toy guns. When I was a kid my favorite toy in the world, (next to my cheap swivel handle bullwhip), was my toy bolt action rifle. It was made from real wood and metal, had a green sling, and a fake plastic bullet inside the chamber. It kicked ass!!! I took it everywhere with me. My friends and I would play war almost every day. In addition to that rifle, I had an amazing array of cap pistols and bb-guns. Realistic looking black and silver squirt guns that would give todays parents heart attacks. My uncle bought me my first real rifle when I was 13. A .22 Marlin lever action. Shortly there-after, my parents enrolled me in the NRA. At 19 I now own 2 rifles and several high powered air rifles. A few weeks ago, my uncle informed me that the cheap $60 Crossman semi-auto air-pistol I own is considered illigeal for me to posess. You have to be 21 to own a bb-gun. If I were caught with it, it would be considered a FELONY. I've never even gotten a speeding ticket, but I could do serious time for shooting pop cans with a bb-gun. Right now, all I want is a Colt revolver like Indys. Can I get one? NO! I have to wait 2 years before society considers me responsible enough to own one. I've been responsible enough for 6 years. Screw the system, I'll just give my dad the money and have him buy one for me.

: : Let me start off by saying I enjoy some of your other posts in the forum, and I like your general point of veiw. As for toy guns, cap guns, BB-guns and real guns-let me say this: I too, had an extensive toy gun collection when I was a lad, and although not a member of the NRA (although I do agree with a lot that they say), I am a very big firearms enthusiast now. I agree that the lawmakers are unjustly cracking down on the wrong people when it comes to "gun control". I too, am on a quest for the ideal Indy revolver, although I am looking for the Smith and Wesson used in Raiders (my personal favorite movie and gun of the trilogy). I think having your father buy it for you is a damn good idea! After all, who decides these stupid things concerning age restrictions? You have to be 16 or so to drive, 18 to smoke, and now 21 to have certain guns and drink (what a wise combination!). It doesn't matter how old the responsible person is, so long as they are responsible! And it doesn't matter what the restrictions are, criminals will still get their guns! Why is it so hard for the govt. to see this? Anyway, good luck with your Indy un quest, and happy shooting!
: : -GCR

: Thanks for the kind words! I could go on all day about stuff like this, but why bother. Let me just say this; If the morons in Washington would spend less money trying to appease the anti-gun movement, and spend more money on new prisons maybe we could start to move in the right direction violence wise. (And I dont mean cushy, cozy prisons with cable tv and exercise rooms.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]