Re: I have to disagree

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by UK Jones from pbd-35-3.housing.uiuc.edu on December 13, 1999 at 11:40:36:

In Reply to: I have to disagree posted by Beowulf on December 12, 1999 at 18:50:26:

: : However, on this website, you can't find any cool Indy info!! Instead, it is a very lame place (even lamer than indyfan.com [if that is even possible]). Basically, indianajones.com just advertises the new Indy video boxed-set. I think we should boycott indianajones.com until they post the scripts for the holy trilogy, post every single image from the films on the site and other such things. Please show your support for this cause.

: First off, whlie the site is afr from the best out there and serving as an ad for the videos is it's main priority, it does have a fair amount of original material. There is a lot of interesting background info on the historical figures in each story. And second, I'm sure the site will evolve once there is Indy IV news to report and become a decent site the way the offical STar Wars site did. It also started out as nothing more than an ad for the videos.

: And putting the full scripts on the site is ridiculous. Why would they do that when Lucasfilm sells the script books?

It's that dickless hoax poster yanking your chain. If you read that post clearly then you would realise that. He is (attempting to be) sarcastic. But Americans find this very tricky to detect. I've been living here for a few years now and still experience this.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]