Re: Riddle me this, riddle me that. Who's had the guts to wear Indy's brown hat?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on June 09, 1998 at 10:32:19:

In Reply to: Riddle me this, riddle me that. Who's had the guts to wear Indy's brown hat? posted by Cap'n Paul on June 09, 1998 at 04:19:32:

: I'm curious. There are many contributors to this forum who have a healthy collection of outfits, props, and collectibles. Now I know there are many of us who own the Wested jacket and wear it all over the place. But what about the hat? Yeah, that's right... the hat. For those who have bought the fedora, I'd like to hear about the wildest places you've been wearing that hat. C'mon, I know there's some ardent travellers or even amateur archaeologists out there who've been bouncing around the globe. Let's hear the stories... -CP

I've worn the fedora LONG before I ever purchased my Wested jacket, or for that fact my first A2 wannabe flight jacket. As a matter of fact, the only "fedora" you could find in '81 was whatever was available in second hand stores on back streets in small towns. Unwanted overstock from a bygone era still sitting on dusty shelves of old inventory. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have purchased everything I could have laid my hands on then. They were practically giving away original Dobbs fedoras at that time. I've worn a fedora everywhere from the back roads of Kentucky/Tennessee to the main streets of Miami, Houston, San Antonio, etc. in all weather and situations. Since the weather negates the wearing of a leather jacket much of the time, especially in hot weather, the fedora goes anywhere in any weather. I guest your question to this crowd should be, who HASN'T worn the hat, and then where. The fedora sort of goes with the territory. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]