Re: Riddle me this, riddle me that. Who's had the guts to wear Indy's brown hat?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sandbagger1 from ws810fdd.gsfc.nasa.gov on June 09, 1998 at 11:32:20:

In Reply to: Re: Riddle me this, riddle me that. Who's had the guts to wear Indy's brown hat? posted by Michaelson on June 09, 1998 at 10:32:19:

: I've worn the fedora LONG before I ever purchased my Wested jacket, or for that fact my first A2 wannabe flight jacket. As a matter of fact, the only "fedora" you could find in '81 was whatever was available in second hand stores on back streets in small towns. Unwanted overstock from a bygone era still sitting on dusty shelves of old inventory. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have purchased everything I could have laid my hands on then. They were practically giving away original Dobbs fedoras at that time. I've worn a fedora everywhere from the back roads of Kentucky/Tennessee to the main streets of Miami, Houston, San Antonio, etc. in all weather and situations. Since the weather negates the wearing of a leather jacket much of the time, especially in hot weather, the fedora goes anywhere in any weather. I guest your question to this crowd should be, who HASN'T worn the hat, and then where. The fedora sort of goes with the territory. Regards. Michaelson

I never bought a brown fedora, but while in Australia bought a nice brown stockman's hat. That,
along wiht my leather jacket and whip, make a good outfit, IMHO. If you wish to see the effect,
there is a photo (a bit dark) of me wearing it in Tikal, Guatemala.

www.geocities.com/Baja/3692/paul1.jpg

Later!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: