Re: NO DVD?! Who DO I COMPLAIN TO!?!?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. Havlock from proxy-381.public.rwc.webtv.net on December 13, 1999 at 17:51:34:

In Reply to: NO DVD?! Who DO I COMPLAIN TO!?!? posted by senoJ anaidnI on December 13, 1999 at 17:36:07:

: I just found out that Lucasfilm has no intention of releasing the Indiana Jones Trilogy on DVD?!?! They want to wait at least a year and a half, skipping the current DVD format and release it in HD-DVD or UD-DVD only!!?!?! This is BULL!!! I must admit I don't understand it. I don't see how HD-DVD or UD-DVD is going to work for them...do they really think that everyone's just going to junk their DVD players for UD-DVD players within 2 years???? There are millions of DVD players sold already. I don't have the money to go out and buy a new player just because Lucas thinks I should have one. I also don't think I, or anyone else that has a DVD player should be forced to watch it on comparatively crappy VHS or LD. What's the point, anyway? Until HDTV's radically drop in price, something we probably won't see for about 5 years or so, no one's going to be able to see all the wonderful increase in scan line resolution HD or UD DVD brings on their TV's. I want to know who to complain to for this injustice. We're not talking about 8-tracks here...this is DVD!!!!

I do think it is a little silly for Lucasfilm to be so anal when it comes to things like this. Just give us the freakin' movie!! %80 Of the population doesnt give a rats ass about pristine pixelation, or THX quality sound, they, like me, just want the damn movie. This goes for 'The Phantom Menace' and the original SW trilogy as well. If DVD peters out in a few years, (un-likely), just re-release it on the next format! The only reason I DONT own a DVD player is because of the lack of these 7 movies.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]