Re: ...Why is the Wested so darned affordable???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-154.COL.cableone.net on December 14, 1999 at 05:37:29:

In Reply to: ...Why is the Wested so darned affordable??? posted by Mr. Havlock on December 13, 1999 at 19:19:47:

: I dont want to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but I've just been wondering what makes the Wested so 'cheap'? It seems to me that a hand-made, custom-tailored leather jacket made in Britain from the FINEST grade lambskin would run you at least four or five hundred dollars if not more. (Not to mention the fact that it is linked to a true cultural icon starring in some of the most famous and highest grossing films ever made.) How does Mr. Bowright keep his costs so low? I'd be very interested to find out. I'm not suspicious or anything, just curious!! Michealson? This sounds right up your alley!

You know, I have often wondered about the same thing. I mean, here is a jacket still being made by the original man, and at a price that is very affordable. It truly is the best bargain we Indy fans will ever have. I am just thankful that he doesn't have us all bending over like some other folks have a tendency to do. We owe a debt of appreciation to Wested. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]