My best guess

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-wn024.proxy.aol.com on December 14, 1999 at 06:42:19:

In Reply to: ...Why is the Wested so darned affordable??? posted by Mr. Havlock on December 13, 1999 at 19:19:47:

: I dont want to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but I've just been wondering what makes the Wested so 'cheap'? It seems to me that a hand-made, custom-tailored leather jacket made in Britain from the FINEST grade lambskin would run you at least four or five hundred dollars if not more. (Not to mention the fact that it is linked to a true cultural icon starring in some of the most famous and highest grossing films ever made.) How does Mr. Bowright keep his costs so low? I'd be very interested to find out. I'm not suspicious or anything, just curious!! Michealson? This sounds right up your alley!

Although I haven't yet recieved my Wested Jacket (so I cannot comment on the quality, although I have heard only good things) I can venture a guess as to why it is priced the way it is. I'd say it is to stay competition with the Cooper. The Cooper is a few bucks over $300 dollars (with out shipping) add on shipping and it's probably more like 325 or so(once agagin, I'm only guessing). However, it will probably get to you MUCH faster than the Wested, as it is made and shipped within the States. But the difference in price is not a question of a difference in quality. From what I hear, the wested is FAR superior to ANY leather jacket, Cooper or otherwise. I think the price is beyond a bargain, hell, who knows, maybe it really is worth every cent and all the other people who sell leather jackets are ripping us off! Oh well, I don't think I got enough sleep last night!
-GCR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]