A quick follow up...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on December 14, 1999 at 09:04:53:

In Reply to: Re: A few questions for the long time members of the Indyfan forum posted by Michaelson on December 14, 1999 at 09:00:57:

: : I was going through the vault and I came across some old posts posted I think in March( before I owned a computer)and in these posts was a heated dispute between the owner of US Wings and the forum. I think I read that Michaelson sent him some very polite E-mails and USwings sent back some half assed answer. I was wondering how it turned out.Michaelson have you talked to them since? And has anyone boycotted the Cooper jacket because of the way they handled that sitsuation? And, why in the world was Cooper asked to make a mass production for the jackets when Wested makes the official?Thank you

: Hello! It was a dicey exchange, but settled out fine as the owner of US Wings is an ex-military man, and thought I was a representative of a rival (and unscrupulous) jacket factory. It took several exchanges to finally get it across what I was about, and get him to look at the Wested Leather web page, as he had posted incorrect information regarding the Cooper jacket. As I also posted back at that time, the man , Sgt. Hack, was a man of his word, followed up on my email and contacted Peter Botwright and had a good exchange of information. Mr. Hack then revised his page and corrected the copy. He is definately one of the folks on the internet who does what he says he'll do, and does it quickly. You don't find that to often. Regards. Michaelson

...as to the Cooper topic, they were licensed by LucasFilm to produce a jacket for sale....Wested is the creator and originator/owner of the patterns. Wested did not get into the licensing part of the job, and Cooper was contracted to create the jacket for US sales. There was no reason to boycott Cooper, as they were indeed a real player in the Indy drama, they just were not the original makers of the jackets, and they had represented themselves to Sgt. Hack of US Wings. They were the LICENSED manufacturers of a jacket in the Indy style by LucasFilm. Completely different scenario. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]