I went to the site and emailed them with that same question. And the answer is...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-wa033.proxy.aol.com on December 15, 1999 at 08:44:43:

In Reply to: Re: Nice hat! Would you give us the brim width and crown height? (nm) posted by Michaelson on December 15, 1999 at 07:03:48:

: : : Hi there, new to Indyfan, but I thought I'd pass along a little info for anyone searching for a Indy Type hat. A local hat shop here in Baltimore has been making Fedoras since the 30's. They have a brown c-dent fedora that's comparable in look and quality to the official Indy hats, and the Stetson's. As with most replica's the crown is not a perfect match, but the color is dead on. And the hats are only $75 to boot. I own one, and it is as close as you can get to a dead ringer of the Indy hat under $100. I've included the url for their site down below.

: Their web page states it's a 2 5/8" brim, but nothing about the crown. It does say it's 100% fur felt. Nice looking fedora, and looks well worth investigating more closely. Regards. Michaelson

I went to the site when I first saw this post last night. I promptly emailed them with questions as to the color in the photo, crown height, and ribbon width. This is what they wrote in the reply:
Hello,
The G-Man has turned out to popular this season, and we have very few left -
especially in big sizes. The outer band (ribbon) measures 19''' (lignes),
which translates into 1 11/16 inches. I'm writing you from home, and since I
don't have a crown to measure, here, I think the crown measures about 4 1/2
inches.
Regards,
Lou Boulmetis
Hippodrome Hatters

In a second email, they informed me of this:
Hello again,
I forgot to tell you that the color in the picture is medium brown, and that
dark brown as well as olive are completely sold out.
Regards again,
Lou B.

I'd agree it's worth a look, maybe they do custom work?
Hope this helps-
GCR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: