hummm

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on December 15, 1999 at 09:05:33:

In Reply to: I went to the site and emailed them with that same question. And the answer is... posted by GCR on December 15, 1999 at 08:44:43:

: : : : Hi there, new to Indyfan, but I thought I'd pass along a little info for anyone searching for a Indy Type hat. A local hat shop here in Baltimore has been making Fedoras since the 30's. They have a brown c-dent fedora that's comparable in look and quality to the official Indy hats, and the Stetson's. As with most replica's the crown is not a perfect match, but the color is dead on. And the hats are only $75 to boot. I own one, and it is as close as you can get to a dead ringer of the Indy hat under $100. I've included the url for their site down below.

: : Their web page states it's a 2 5/8" brim, but nothing about the crown. It does say it's 100% fur felt. Nice looking fedora, and looks well worth investigating more closely. Regards. Michaelson

: I went to the site when I first saw this post last night. I promptly emailed them with questions as to the color in the photo, crown height, and ribbon width. This is what they wrote in the reply:
: Hello,
: The G-Man has turned out to popular this season, and we have very few left -
: especially in big sizes. The outer band (ribbon) measures 19''' (lignes),
: which translates into 1 11/16 inches. I'm writing you from home, and since I
: don't have a crown to measure, here, I think the crown measures about 4 1/2
: inches.
: Regards,
: Lou Boulmetis
: Hippodrome Hatters

: In a second email, they informed me of this:
: Hello again,
: I forgot to tell you that the color in the picture is medium brown, and that
: dark brown as well as olive are completely sold out.
: Regards again,
: Lou B.

: I'd agree it's worth a look, maybe they do custom work?
: Hope this helps-
: GCR

I asked a couple more questions, and haven't heard back yet. I wonder when they expect more to be in? He didn't say in your emails. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]