Indiana Jones and the Ultimate Destiny IS A HOAX!!!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anonymous from 12.29.96.50 on December 15, 1999 at 14:50:16:

In Reply to: TO ANNONYMOUS, RE: Your Phony Ultimate Destiny... posted by KALI-MA!!!! on December 15, 1999 at 12:58:03:

: WHAT THE HELL?!?!! Why be so secretive if you're going by "Annonymous"???

First, I must ask politely for you to please try to be calm. This was something that happened OVER TWO YEARS AGO.

My desire to remain anonymous is, I believe, self-explanatory if not obvious. I do not want to get into trouble.

: WHAT'S THE DEAL? Why cant ya tell us why you wrote it - if you did? What's with the "for reasons I can't divulge" business??? Short of being a government agent who is protecting our country or, or being too ashamed to admit the real reason - I can't understand why you'd NOT give us the whole story! Afterall I think we deserve it - IF you did make the whole thing up, then we're the victims of your heinous lie.

Remember that I WROTE to Micah shortly after the rumor was posted (again, 2 years ago) to try to erase a mistake and help with damage control. I contacted Micah for several reasons: 1.) I trust Micah, as he would not betray my confidence. 2.) My contacting Micah directly, rather than simply posting another "It's just a hoax" under an anonymous posting, both assured my secrecy AND was the most legitimate way to clear up the matter. It underestimated the power of the internet -- a simple two or three paragraph emal to a movie gossip site (I think it was to either Dark Horizons or Coming Attractions) suddenly made its way to PUBLISHED magazines, even in the UK!!! I didn't realize how far reaching it would be.

: What's to stop us from believeing that you're lying now, when you take crediting for spreading a false story.

Why, after two years, would I bother if I wasn't -- to give some false validity to a bogus story????

: And why did you apologize for the thing to MICAH - INSTEAD OF TO WHOM YOU ORIGINALLY TOLD THE "BOGUS" RUMOR???? Why him??!!

I don't remember apologizing to anyone. I simply told Micah that I was the one who concocted the story and that it was no more than that -- a concoction. I lied, and then tried to fix it through the truth. And why NOT to Micah? He runs the best, most visible Indy site in the world. (And, so you know, I don't even REMEMBER who or where I posted the original rumor....it was so long ago!!!)

Besides, with all the false rumors out there, wouldn't it be nice if people would simply confess to what's fake and what's real, rather than letting a falsehood linger on and on?

: WELL, I don't know about the rest a ya, BUT UNTIL I HEAR A REAL REASON - I'm gonna continue to beleive that this particular rumor might be real!

Look, you can either believe it or not. You either will or you won't. But this is lacking in logic: you claim that I committed a heinous lie in posting a rumor and can not be trusted, and yet when I try to show honesty you turn around 180 degrees and insist on BELIEVING MY SAME LIE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

My original post to you is below for others to see:

...As the "perpetrator" of this false INDY IV scenario, I will hereby admit under anonymity that I was the one who concocted this "Indiana Jones and the Ultimate Destiny" scenario. Micah did NOT do this, so believe him that he's telling the truth.

The false rumor I had posted back in the summer of 1997, and to my surprize it quickly spread everywhere. As to the reasons I will not divulge, but I will say that after posting the thing I regretted my actions and therefore tried to take the needed steps for damage control. This included my "confession" to Micah, as I knew that he would be able to set the story straight and that his website was the best vehicle for people to listen.

Guys, "Ultimate Destiny" is a hoax. I'm the one who made it.

Though I am NOT responsible for any other false posted rumors -- the Atlantis storyline, the evil-brother storyline, and almost every other thing you've heard -- I know they are fake. The Chris Colombus script -- the "Monkey King" -- was NOT a proposed INDY IV scenario, but for INDY III (as it was written in the late 1980's).

Now, can we PLEEEEEEEASE shut up about these damn phony things and move on with our lives? Need we drill this into the forum brain? Need we relentlessly dwell on such trivial things as "Indy Wested!", "Indy HAT!", "Indy UNDERPANTS!" and start talking about MOVIES for heaven's sake!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]