Still waiting for my Wested...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-wm022.proxy.aol.com on December 16, 1999 at 11:49:53:

In Reply to: Finall, got my re-done Wested posted by California Jones on December 16, 1999 at 11:21:02:

: I had first ordered my jacket in July. Received it in September, but it was too long. I sent it back for a different size. Well, finally it is here and well worth the wait (I think) Well, it is awesome, but three months to get a different size was just way too long. I am happy it is here. Now that I have my Mark Allen Indy whip, my collection is nearly complete. I have the Wested, whip, Aldens, Noel Howard shirt, pants, and bag. I got the holster from military associates. Now, I need to get a proper fedora. I am thinking about getting one from James Locke in England. All the dimensions match ther Herbert Johnson, per email response from them, and their price seems a bit lower.

: I will be a little let down, I think, when I get everything. Part of the fun has been the chase. Any thoughts from anyone else?

I ordered my Raiders style wested early last month, and am still waiting (as patiently as I can) for it to arrive. I am relatively new to collecting Indy Gear, and although I have been a BIG Indy fan for years and always wore fedoras and leather jackets, I only recently got into collecting the Authentic stuff. I kinda agree that there will be some what of a let down after I collect all the Indy Gear.
It is very fun hunting down all the equipment and gear, scouring old Army-Navy stores for the right belts and holsters etc. But I've still got a long way to go before I have the complete collection, and until, then, I'll enjoy every mintue of "the hunt".
-GCR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]