Re: A few more Wested questions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wu Han from spider-wi011.proxy.aol.com on December 16, 1999 at 20:47:20:

In Reply to: A few more Wested questions posted by Kenny on December 16, 1999 at 20:29:34:

: Like everybody else, I'm interested in the Wested jackets, but have a few questions. I've seen several people who have ordered the Raiders jacket and the Last Crusade jacket, but haven't heard of one person who's gotten the ToD jacket. Does this one have the pox or something? I'd like a jacket with a snap down collar, zippered inner pocket, good collar that could be turned up (but not necessarily) and hand warmer pockets I can actually fit my hands into. Anybody got any suggestions?

: I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll be waiting 2 months for whatever I order, but let me ask this question. The English price is £140 sterling, and the American price is $249. At the current exchange rate, the English price is about $224, which would put the entire purchase (including shipping) at around $250. Has anyone checked with Peter about either transferring English funds or coming down to the English equivalent?

: Also, I keep getting conflicting information. Is there a difference between lamb skin and hide????

Kenny, in the Indiana Jones movies Wested made their jackets out of lambskin. But now that they offer the jacket in a pre-distressed finish they use a different skin for that. The thicker leather of a cowhide responds better to the distressing so that is when they use the hide.The Temple jacket is exactly the same as the Radiders jacket except 1 inch longer. So if you ordered a Raiders jacket in the long size they would make it 1 inch longer and you would have the same jacket as the Temple. I would reccomend for your first jacket a Last Crusade new finish. The Crusade jacket is 1 inch longer than the Raiders, so it is the same lenghth as the Temple jacket it has a snap and a bigger inner pocket. Hope this helps you,
WU HAN

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]