Pull it out of the Box!.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cap'n Paul from 204.208.30.165 on June 10, 1998 at 00:53:02:

In Reply to: I'm with you in spirit. posted by Rob Roy on June 09, 1998 at 12:39:10:

: This is probably the best time and place to tell you (all of you) about the script I wrote. I started it in August 1989, after a long bout coping with the idea that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was going to be the last film. So I picked a topic, fleshed a rough idea in my mind, and began researching my ideas in depth. It took me two and a half years to write it (HAND write it), not because It would normally take that long, but because I was savoring every moment. Thinking of ways to get Indy in and out of jams was exhilirating. I followed the basic tenant of Indyology which says "It is not a question of whether Indy will survive, it is a question of how." What I ended up with was (so far) the proudest achievement of my 26 year old life. A well researched, action-packed, globe-trotting, booby trap-dodging story entitled Indiana Jones and the Chase To Borgo Pass. I was so proud I had it sent to the copyright office, not even sure it was possible to copyright an original story based on non-original characters. It was, and it only cost me twenty or tweny-eight bucks. On the advice of a screenwriting teacher, I put it in my computer, packed up the story into a large, manilla envelope, and put the address to Lucasfilm in Marin County on it my teacher had given me.

: And there it sits in a box to this day. Why? I don't know. It suddenly occurred to me that it was absolutely hopeless to think George or Steven would even open the envelope. I had never really cared if they used the story,I just wanted to let them know that there were more stories out there to tell, that Indy's adventures could fill a lifetime. All of our lifetimes.

: So I didn't mail it. But I also didn't regret writing it. It is a testament to myself as well as Indiana Jones. So I say to you, Indiana Jones(the forum guy), don't let anyone stop you. Don't let anyone deter you. You just make sure you, and whoever collaborates with you, do justice to the name of Indiana Jones. His life and adventures, are in your hands.

: Rob Roy 1998

: Rob, forget the screenplay! If one door is closed to you, push on another. Have you considered pulling that story out of the box, reformatting it, and submitting it for publication? You've got a hell of an interesting title (Borgo Pass) and you've already had it copyrighted. I, for one, would be interested in reading it. -CP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]