Does anyone know the name of the French company Dewayne described in his post?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ravenwood from FLNTA010-0568.splitrock.net on December 17, 1999 at 11:29:32:

In Reply to: Well...(I would like to hear your thoughts on this Patterson) posted by DeWayne on December 17, 1999 at 11:20:25:

: :
: : : : It's actually my favorite of the three styles(though I have my doubts about Wested's being used at all in ToD).

: : Just curious as to why you guys think there were no Wested's in ToD. I'm kinda new to the whole Indy Gear thing and was kinda wondering how you could tell. ????
: : -GCR

: The cargo pockets in the movie jacket seem to be more of a boxy shape. They are a little less wide and the flap looks somewhat longer. Actually, they look very close to the pockets on my Disney jacket. (There are pictures of it next to my Wested in the Cooper section at Indy Gear). The storm flap looks thinner and the side adjustment straps are shorter as they don't reach the handwarmer slits. The vents also seem to not go up quite so high(not above the d-ring keeper, which looks sewn on the outside).

: The story is that a French company was hired by the production to copy the Raiders jacket for ToD. They must have copied an oddball. The Temple jacket Peter sells is just like the Raiders jacket except for what I mentioned earlier. It is ironic that it's also my personal fave of my Wested's. Peter says he did indeed make jackets for ToD. I believe him, I just don't think that any of them were the ones that Harrison wore. (Perhaps stunt men and stand-ins, which also supposedly wore leftovers from Raiders). I have dealt with Wested quite a bit and I don't think Peter would lie, again, I just think they simply didn't use them on Harrison.
: See ya! DeWayne
I think the jacket actually looks best in the TOD. I would love to know the name of the company that made those jackets. My frind speaks French I would have him call or E-mail them finding out some more info. Thanks! Ravenwood

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]