You make my points exactly...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on December 17, 1999 at 13:32:40:

In Reply to: Well...(I would like to hear your thoughts on this Patterson) posted by DeWayne on December 17, 1999 at 11:20:25:

: :
: : : : It's actually my favorite of the three styles(though I have my doubts about Wested's being used at all in ToD).

: : Just curious as to why you guys think there were no Wested's in ToD. I'm kinda new to the whole Indy Gear thing and was kinda wondering how you could tell. ????
: : -GCR

: The cargo pockets in the movie jacket seem to be more of a boxy shape. They are a little less wide and the flap looks somewhat longer. Actually, they look very close to the pockets on my Disney jacket. (There are pictures of it next to my Wested in the Cooper section at Indy Gear). The storm flap looks thinner and the side adjustment straps are shorter as they don't reach the handwarmer slits. The vents also seem to not go up quite so high(not above the d-ring keeper, which looks sewn on the outside).

: The story is that a French company was hired by the production to copy the Raiders jacket for ToD. They must have copied an oddball. The Temple jacket Peter sells is just like the Raiders jacket except for what I mentioned earlier. It is ironic that it's also my personal fave of my Wested's. Peter says he did indeed make jackets for ToD. I believe him, I just don't think that any of them were the ones that Harrison wore. (Perhaps stunt men and stand-ins, which also supposedly wore leftovers from Raiders). I have dealt with Wested quite a bit and I don't think Peter would lie, again, I just think they simply didn't use them on Harrison.
: See ya! DeWayne

Additionally, the story has been a bit fluid at times. First, it was cut and dry; "we made the jackets, but they were a bit longer". Then it became "we lost the patterns, so they used extra jackets from Raiders." Then the French company popped up.

Here's what I think happened: They needed jackets for the second movie, so somebody quickly procured a Cooper (thats what the jackets look like, narrow storm flap, short side straps, A2 cargo pockets, etc). They gave the jacket to the French company to come up with a pattern for the jackets. The French company custom made and fit the jackets for Ford and the stunt men. It makes sense.

IMHO

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: