Re: Character Development

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DGD from bkcppp200-73.eoni.com on December 17, 1999 at 14:24:31:

In Reply to: When Indiana Jones becomes "Indy" (this kinda goes with my other SPF v. RP post, and it's anothe good long healthy one, much like this sentance; just can't stop, sorry!). posted by Ultraman Tiga on December 17, 1999 at 03:19:06:

The dig where Indy stood by "ice-cream in hand" may not have been so bad or unnatural. I can't say this for certain yet (my first dig is this summer, and then maybe I'll know for sure), but I believe that important areas in excavations typically have "supervisors" or some such that stand over the dig and make sure everything goes correctly. I've seen many pictures in magazines that look remarkably similar to the dig in Raiders--people are down in the dirt, digging, and someone is standing over them, fists-on-hips, to make sure all is going well. I may have misinterpreted these pictures, but I think it makes sense, and I think it makes sense for Indy to stand and monitor his dig. It's hard to make sure that it's happening the way you want when you have your nose in the dirt, alongside the diggers. Indy's watching over the other diggers may not make him a white male convinced of his superiority so much as a supervisor making sure that the project is going smoothly.

--D.G.D.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]