Call THIS GUY Indy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr4-modem019.runestone.net on June 10, 1998 at 11:01:14:

In Reply to: Call me Indy posted by Indiana Jones on June 09, 1998 at 18:06:28:

: I wore mine when I visited a few of my relatives in Texas some years ago. From then on, they called me Indy or Dr. Jones and I started calling my younger cousin Shorty, because he kind of acted like me.

: Indy

Reminds me of a guy I know...

Here in Minnesota, there's an old campground [for Boy Scouts, Eagle Scouts, etc.] called Camp Wilderness. The most popular counselor there is a guy everyone calls Indy. I believe the nickname was started because he specializes in [Native American] Indian lore, or because his first year of counseling he wore a brown fedora, or was just the all-around adventurer type, but it stuck because of an incident with a tractor. One of the summers he was there he was the Quartermaster [guy you go to for equipment], and for lawn mowing, hauling, and other tasks, he used a very uncooperative tractor. He claimed he ran into trees/walls/etc. with it at least ten times. And the result? Carved in the rafters in the Quartermaster shop are the words "Indiana Jones and the Tractor of Doom", and a picture of a runaway tractor. I've never forgotten that story.

~Aaron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]