Re: Stetson fur felt fedoras: The Temple

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-193.COL.cableone.net on December 19, 1999 at 19:38:13:

In Reply to: Stetson fur felt fedoras: The Temple posted by Ulla on December 19, 1999 at 14:27:53:

: Hallo, all!
: Christmas is almost here, and so is my wish for a fedora. I want to get a Stetson called The Temple, as many of you know, but I tried some on at a hat store. I think my head has grown: I tried one on in the summer and I was a 7 1/8. Now a 7 1/4 fits better!:-(
: Anyway,
: There are two colors. "Nugat" and "Sable". I tend to like the light reddish-brown "Nugat" over the Sable. Can anyone help me as to what color is most "accurate?"
: Adventurously,
: Ulla

Either color would be ok, although I don't understand why some folks keep buying the temple. Sure it does have a nice dimensional cut brim, but it also has a tapered crown that is wrong. It destroys the Indy look in my opinion. I bought one a couple of years ago and ended up giving it away. I then bought a Nostalgia and it was closer but still not quite right. The crown was too short. I then forked out big bucks for a Custom Hatter fedora that was perfect. To date this is the closest Indy fedora that I have seen. Problem is the price. My new search involves a dark brown Akubra that I am impatiently waiting on. Maybe it will turn out to be the resonable one to use. steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]