Desmond Llewelyn (1914-1999)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thuggee Bear from host-216-78-21-61.cae.bellsouth.net on December 19, 1999 at 22:31:26:

I know there are a few Bond fans on the forum, so in case you haven't heard, Q is dead. I read the following at Coming Soon's website. Very sad. At least he got to make a fitting exit in the latest Bond film.

>>Desmond Llewelyn (James Bond's 'Q'), 1914 - 1999: Veteran actor Desmond Llewelyn, 007s 'Q', was killed in a car crash on Sunday. Llewelyn, 85, was on his way home from a book-signing in East Sussex, south of London, when his car hit another head-on. "It was a head-on collision near Firle in East Sussex at about 2 p.m. GMT and Mr. Llewelyn suffered massive multiple injuries," a Sussex police spokeswoman told Reuters. "He was airlifted from the scene and,along with two others, was taken to hospital where he died at 1710 GMT. Llewelyn starred in 17 Bond films, including the latest, "The World is Not Enough." Llewelyn, from Sussex, was alone in his car. The two others involved in the accident, a 35-year-old man and his female companion, were still in hospital with minor injuries. He will be truly missed...<<

"If there's two things I've tried to teach you, 007:
First, Never let them see you bleed, and always have an escape plan." -Q, TWINE

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: