1910ish

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from mariner.org on December 20, 1999 at 11:29:46:

In Reply to: When did it take place?(NM) posted by Short Round on December 20, 1999 at 10:51:02:

: : : Everyone wants to know more about the Ravenwood/Jones story along with the Round story. I think Rob MacGregor or McCoy should start making novels on the cool characters of Indy. Like the story of Short Round and his first adventure with Indy, The Ravenwoods' meeting with Jones and their adventure, the story of Jack Shannon(That would be more of a Hardy Boy-like story I'd bet), Sallah and Indy's meeting and a Sallah/Indy-only adventure. Like with Star Wars for example, they make novels about people who were one screen for no more than a second! Like on the books Tales from the Cantina and Tales From Jabba's Palace. The least they can do is make stories about Indy's affairs with different people like the Ravenwoods and Shorty. And on Tales from the Cantina they have a story about a guy who is barely visible in the cantina! Remember that spacer who was talking to Obi Wan before Obi Wan started talking to Chewie? Well his story was more easier to understand and was also easier to understand what him and Kenobi were saying for those two seconds. After all, they are running out of time space for new Indy novels, so start from the beginning again. See ya, Shorty.
: : : "Wait a minute, I got all the time I want I gotta time machine!" -Marty, BTTF.

: : Hey. Not a bad idea there, Shorty. A collection of short stories could help flesh out the early Indy adventures. I'm sorry to tell you, though, that they already did a Sallah meeting Indy story. It's was a YIJC vehicle called "Tomb of Terror." Ooh! Doesn't that sound frightening? Both Indy and Sallah are about ten years old and get locked in an old mummy tomb. Or something. This book was available only through some kids book club back in 91 or 92. I found it about four/five years ago at a flea market. Just my two cents.
: : -graml

It took place in 1910 or so, in Egypt. I assume it was a sort of prequel to the first YIJC episode.
-graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]