Re: Have NOT yet recieved my Stetson 'Indy' 005

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. Havlock from proxy-511.public.rwc.webtv.net on December 20, 1999 at 18:35:46:

In Reply to: Have NOT yet recieved my Stetson 'Indy' 005 posted by GCR on December 20, 1999 at 12:33:25:

: : They confirmed my order by e-mail last tuesday, and I got it this morning. Not bad considering I only paid for 4+ days shipping. I thought it would take longer. It came nicely packaged in a cool Stetson box. Overall, I'd give it a 9 out of 10 for coolness. The only thing I dont like is Miller hats embossed its name and URL on the hat band. It kind of takes away from the magic of it all. The hat also has a nice white lining just like in LC. The only thing wrong with the shape to my eye is the two dents in the front. (I'm sure they have some special name). They looked a little small, so I steamed the hat with an iron and dented them in a wee bit further. Looks better now. Also, the hat looks a little dark when compared to a few photos, but a few trips to the desert should take care of that. If anyone wants the dimensions, I'll take them for you.

: Overall it sounds like you are satisfied with your purchase. I can't remember exactly when I ordered mine, but I think there is something wrong, and I'll try to order again, as I haven't recieved my hat yet, hell, I didn't even get a confirmation from Miller yet, something must have gotten screwed up along the line. Oh well, I still have my "Temple". Also a nice hat, although I was a bit surprised to find that Miller had done that with the hat (embossed the name and url)They didn't do that to my Temple fedora...the only thing on my hatband is "Stetson-the sovereign" and the little Stetson coat of arms/logo. The liner is the same as yours, so no news there. The front dents (I don't know what they are called either) were kinda small on mine as well, but I didn't bother steaming it, just kinda did it my own way (I pushed all of the "dents" out, so it took on a derby shape, then sat on it, pushed it back out, and re-creased the top and pinched the front, then repeated the whole thing over again and again, until it looked a little more "broken-in") I had heard to many stories about hats being improperly steamed and shrinking afterward, or the felt getting hard, so I didn't want to try it and end up ruining the hat. As for the color, remember (as I said in a post to Ulla below) the color of the hat in the films varies DRAMATICALLY due to sand, cobwebs, dust, dirt, and water covering the hat at any given time, as well as the changes in stage lighting vs. sunlight etc. The color often appears lighter than reality. Over time I think you will find the color will "naturally" get a bit lighter, through slight fading as well as any amount of "distressing" you put it through. At any rate, i gotta go back to Miller and re-order my Indy hat.
: -GCR

Keep trying, they sent me a confirmation the very next morning, so you should have gotten one.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]