I don't mean to burst bubble or anything, so don't take this the wrong way...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-wn051.proxy.aol.com on December 20, 1999 at 22:15:33:

In Reply to: Miller Hats 067 "Highland" Homburg. Pintch the front! posted by Reggie on December 20, 1999 at 21:17:45:

: It will look just like a HJ if you pintch the fornt. Probably better than the Stetson Nostalgia. Check it out! It looks great! Just pull out the bulgy feather on the side. www.millerhats.com

I just checked out the hat you speak of, and while it is a very fine hat, it has a few, shall we say, inaccuracies. First, the brim is bound, not raw like the HJ or any of the Stetson Indy styles. Second, the ribbon color is off, but ribbons are easy enough to replace, right? Third, the crown is too short at 4 and 5/8 in. The Stetsons usually have a decent 5 inch crown, which is still too short compared to the 5 and 1/2 HJ. It is a fine hat, and I'm not trying to put you down or anything, just offering some friendly info and advice, but if you were considering purchasing this hat, be aware it has some flaws, and is not exact to the Indy specifications. I just wouldn't want a fellow fan to sink $100+ on hat only to find out it isn't right later on.
-GCR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]