INDIANA JONES and the Misinformation Campaign.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-wn051.proxy.aol.com on December 20, 1999 at 22:51:00:

Now before the wrong person reads this post and decides I've lost my mind, be aware it's pretty late here, and I didn't get all that much sleep this weekend...so I might just be rambling pointlessly, but hear me out: Does anyone else find it odd that for years Harrison Ford
would always say he would LOVE to do another Indy film, and about how much fun he had doing that role, and now, seemingly out of the blue, he has come a complete 180 degrees (not to be confused with 98 degrees, one of the many annoying boy bands out there) and decided he wants to do more "mature" roles, or that he is too old for that kind of action? Or that so many rumors flew around about Karen Allen being involved with Indy 4, and only now her agent or whatever is absolutely denying these claims? Or how about Speilberg and Lucas always welcoming questions about Indy 4, but now they kinda shy away from it or whatever. Anyway, here's my theory: Lucas and Speilberg and Ford are all in cahoots about a plan to cover up Indy 4, the entire production will be a secret, so as to avoid the public eye. Why? Well, we here are all pretty much evidence that Indy 4 is a very anticipated film, and, with all the hype Lucas's last project (Phantom Menace) recieved, and how that hype effected the film, it is possible that Lucas might want to keep Indy 4 under his "hat" so that it doesn't fall victim to the overhype. By not announcing anything solid until the film is ready for release, they would avoid all of the anticipation that PM recieved. Basically, they are trying to trick us into thinking ther will be no Indy 4, this has been going on ever since Lucas admitted there was officially a script. Remember when they used some fake horror studio cover while filming Return of the Jedi? That could be the idea here, don't let the world know about Indy 4 until the day before it hits the theaters. Of course, a project like that is kinda hard to keep under wraps, so I'm sure info will leak out, and rumors will fly, but what else is new? All we have to go on right now, it seems, ARE rumors. Anyways, I think I've caused enough trouble, I better go off to bed, I know I'll dread coming in here tomorrow, someone will surely think I'm a madman.....

....G...C...zzzzzzzzzzz(oops, fell asleep!)...R

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]