My Dear Dr. Watson

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cap'n Paul from 204.208.30.165 on June 11, 1998 at 02:18:13:

In Reply to: Re: There's a mystery afoot... posted by Laurie Jensen on June 10, 1998 at 21:34:52:

: My impression of the hats is that the Ark has a slightly higher crown than the Temple. Using the ribbon as a clue (it looks about 2 inches wide) I made a guestament that the Temple has a 4 1/2 inch crown, while the Ark's crown is about 5 inches. Even to the naked eye the hats look like they have different sized crowns. Of course, this could be a distortion from camera angles, but I think this may be the main difference between the two styles. Can anyone who owns one of these hats confirm any variation in crown sizes? This may explain the name of the hats-the Temple is based on the shorter crowned hat from TOD, while the Ark is based on the higher crowned hat from Raiders. What say you hat owners?

: My dear Laurie. Excellent suggestion. Come to think of it, the reason I ordered the Ark was that, indeed, the crown looked taller than that of the Temple. Upon receiving the hat (through the mail), my initial reaction was that the crown appeared shorter than in the photo. However, I chalked it up to perhaps the angle of the camera. Now, however, you have piqued my interest. But I'm afraid it will have to go unresolved until June 22. My household goods are being shipped from the U.S. to my "hootch" here in Seoul, Korea. Although I wore my Wested jacket on the flight over, I'm afraid my hat is boxed up inside the hold of a container ship somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. But as soon as I get my hands on it again, I'm going to measure the height of the crown as you suggested. I'll post the findings on this forum as soon as possible. -

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]