Satin vs. Cotton

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on December 21, 1999 at 15:58:24:

In Reply to: Patterson..... posted by Brian K. on December 21, 1999 at 13:01:51:

: : : : I ordered my Raiders jacket from Wested today. When they asked me what leather I wanted, I said Lambskin, as I want the original indy material. After I hung up, I realized I forgot to specify new or distressed. Does Wested assume new? I'd rather not have to make another call to England....could get expensive. Thanks -
: : : : Brian K.

: : : From what I have heard (in other words, I don't know for sure) I believe they use a different leather for the distressed jackets, and only the New version is Lambskin? There seems to be a lot of questions surronding this, so I can't really be of much help, sorry.
: : : -GCR

: : You're fine. In fact, if you just say "I want a 48 regular Raiders jacket" and nothing else, you'll get a new finish (lambskin) Raiders jacket with satin lining.

: : I think you're going to be OK.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

: Was the original Indy jacket satin lining? I thought it was cotton...I've heard different things from different sources about that. If it was satin, I gotta change my order cause I ordered cotton....
: Thanks -
: Brian K.

The story from Peter has always been that it was satin was used for Raiders, and cotton was used for LC. Peter says cotton was used in ToD, but the ToD jackets are up in the air - in my mind.

Based on the arguements and what I've seen on film, I would tend to agree - the Raiders jacket tended to move around quite a bit, while the LC jacket "stayed in place" better. The cotton tends to grab, especially when you wear a long sleeve shirt. I would think the production / wardrobe people would have preferred this. Personally, I prefer the feel of the cotton. It's really a matter of personal preference.

Regardless, you'll love your jacket.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: