YOUR NOT OLD!!!! 28 isn't old!(NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Short Round from 1Cust187.tnt3.fort-lauderdale.fl.da.uu.net on December 21, 1999 at 18:39:00:

In Reply to: Re: To all you Indy "old timers": posted by Goosport on December 21, 1999 at 18:19:34:

: : No, I am not making fun of your "senility", (sp?) but since the only chance I had to see an Indy film in the theaters was for LC, (but even then I was just two years old) but what was it REALLY like to experience the opening adventure in Raiders? I was watching it the other night with the sound turned up, and even on my little TV screen, it was, and always will be, FABULOUS!!
: : I can just imagine people jumping out of their skin at the part when the darts come soaring past with Forrestal's body!!
: : Adventurously,
: : Ulla the youngster

:
: It's always great to watch any of the Indy films, but it was especially great to watch them for the first time way back when (I'm old :( ), when I didn't know what was going to happen next! It was very spine-tingling (in a good way). :)

: I first saw Raiders in the summer of 1982 (when I was almost 11), when they re-released that movie in the theaters a year after it was initially released. I saw ToD and Last Crusade when they first came out in theaters (summers of 1984 and 1989, respectively). I saw Last Crusade about a month before I graduated high school (like I said, I'm old!), so I have a special place in my heart for LC (but all three movies were great!).

: The best thing to happen for Indy lately was the release of the Widescreen tapes. That gave me my first opportunity to see all three Indy films as they were originally shown since I saw them in the theaters, and the movies have aged well. Now I can't get myself to watch the pan'n'scan versions of the films anymore, since I then feel like I am "missing out" on seeing the whole picture. Still, the films are awesome no matter how you see them!

: Sorry about rambling on like this... I was just getting nostalgic. It's great to see young people (who may not have had the chance to see the movies originally in the theaters) enjoying the films as much as the old folks like me! :D

:
: -G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: