Re: To all you Indy "old timers":

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from 207.212.159.82 on December 21, 1999 at 20:07:23:

In Reply to: To all you Indy "old timers": posted by Ulla on December 21, 1999 at 17:50:26:

: No, I am not making fun of your "senility", (sp?) but since the only chance I had to see an Indy film in the theaters was for LC, (but even then I was just two years old) but what was it REALLY like to experience the opening adventure in Raiders? I was watching it the other night with the sound turned up, and even on my little TV screen, it was, and always will be, FABULOUS!!
: I can just imagine people jumping out of their skin at the part when the darts come soaring past with Forrestal's body!!
: Adventurously,
: Ulla the youngster

That was one of those experiences I always wish I could go back and relive. Not knowing what was going to happen, etc. I was just about to turn 7 when I saw Raiders with my Mom, Dad, and brother. My brother and I didn't want to go, we wanted to stay home and play with our Star Wars figures. Then my Mom said the magic words, "the guy who plays in it is the same guy who plays Han Solo". We were on our way. She kept on making us close our eyes when she thought something scary was going to happen. I saw it in the theater seven times! (Though I never saw the faces melting and Belloq's head explode until we got it on Beta). I kept telling my Mom I wanted a Indiana Jones hat & jacket, as well as a whip, before the movie was even over!

Mostly, I remember people going "EEEWWWW" when Belloq ate the fly. And the loud laughter when Indy shot the swordsman, and the sick kind of laughter when the mechanic got chopped up. I also remember that the whole beginning of the movie seemed kinda weird the first time I saw it. It felt like you just walked into the middle of something. That first time I saw Indy whip the pistol out of the guys hand was so cool. There are only three times I've walked out of a theater feeling so in awe and impacted by a movie. Star Wars (I was only 3, almost 4), Raiders of the Lost Ark, and most recently, Iron Giant. Its always fun to watch them over and over, but it just seems so magical the first time you see them. Prime examples of why movies are made. Sorry to rub it in, but you really missed out Ulla! Hehe.
See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]