Before I get flamed, let me defend myself...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.197 on December 22, 1999 at 05:00:09:

In Reply to: Well now... posted by GCR on December 21, 1999 at 23:57:51:

If you look back at Dirk Pitt's original post he was asking about people buying IMPRACTICAL Indy gear and this is what I was responding to. I wasn't thinking about people wearing the clothes as separate items. That wouldn't bother me at all. Everyone needs a jacket when it's cold so you might as well wear the Wested if you like it. Same for the pants and a good pair of boots is a good pair of boots.
It's only the practice of dressing up in order to LOOK LIKE INDY that I find laughable. On their own I think most of the Indy clothes are fine (except for the fedora, I can't wear hats)
But you can't deny that many people who buy up these Indy articles aren't just looking for a good pair of pants. We've all seen posts asking where someone can get a replica of Indy's gun. What earthly purpose could someone have for a gun that doesn't shoot? They just want it so they can look like Indy. In that instance the person is very much like the Trekkies I mentioned earlier. I don't mind people wearing pointy ears if they think it makes them hear better or look more attractive but lets face it, most of these guys who wear Spock ears just want to pretend that they're Vulcans. That's alright for a weekend at a convention but I would laugh at them if I saw them at the grocery store.
Same with someone dressed head to toe like Indy complete with bullwhip and fake Webley.

Incidentally, I didn't mean to rank on anyones sex life. Hell, my own isn't all quivering flesh and edible undies.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]