Re: It's all the internet's fault...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JuggleEwok from spider-tq082.proxy.aol.com on December 22, 1999 at 08:28:45:

In Reply to: It's all the internet's fault... posted by ROB T. on December 22, 1999 at 04:04:56:

: The internet has sorta messed up our ability to be surprised by a movie. Back when "Raiders" came out I knew very little about the film beforehand. With "Temple of Doom" I followed its progress on "Entertainment Tonight" but I was still in the dark about the plot right up til opening day. With "Last Crusade" I was working as an usher at a movie theatre so I knew a little about when it would be released and I had a poster and T-shirt a few weeks early (we sold them at the concession stand) but the plot was still a mystery. The only spoiler anybody knew was that Sean Connery was playing Indy's dad. And that wasn't exactly a secret.
: With the proliferation of cable entertainment shows we get a lot of backstage stuff but they're still pretty good about keeping the plots a secret (to some extent). There's no such thing as a secret on the internet.
: If Indy IV started shooting today we'd get daily updates about the filming and the screenplay would be available for download everywhere you turned. I don't know about you but I'd be hardpressed to ignore the screenplay until opening day, so I'd already know the whole story before the movie ever came out.
: I love the web but this is one of the downsides to too much info.
: This year I knew the secret to "Fight Club" because of some jerk on "Ain't It Cool News." I'm just glad I didn't learn the ending to "The Sixth Sense" early too.
: No, I'm afraid that if Indy IV does get greenlighted then some of the magic of discovery will be dimmed by overexposure on the net.

Just ignore the news!! It was incredibly hard for me to ignore all the "internet spoilers" for the Phantom Menace, but I did, and was completely blown away by the movie. So remember, just ignore...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]