Re: Why do people collect impractical Indy gear?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thuggee Bear from host-216-78-23-67.cae.bellsouth.net on December 22, 1999 at 10:17:55:

In Reply to: Why do people collect impractical Indy gear? posted by Dirk Pitt on December 21, 1999 at 21:32:13:

I've always been curious if any of you display this stuff on a mannequin, like they do in theme restaurants? I think that would be cool to have in the living room for some reason.

I think what ROB T. was suggesting was that, if you're wearing this stuff to go down the street to wash your car, well...

That's the impression that some of these Collector posts give. I think it's an obsession that has a certain charm, or maybe even a bit of class to it, but I couldn't see wearing the get-up out to dinner. I don't collect the gear, though I would like a whip. I had an ex-girlfriend who had a whip and liked to be whipped in public, so that was fun.

As for its potential as an aphrodisiac, I wouldn't doubt that this stuff would turn a girlfriend on, but has anyone ever picked up a stranger in public while dressed as Indy? I think that's what ROB T. was asking.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]