Re: Indy Gear Draw?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-106.COL.cableone.net on December 22, 1999 at 17:38:39:

In Reply to: Indy Gear Draw? posted by pec on December 22, 1999 at 17:13:38:

: What is the big draw to buying all this Indy Gear? Is it emulation through appearance? A collecting issue? Just curious.

: Happy trails

Personally my interest in Indy gear is limited to the fedora and the Wested jacket. I will never own the shirt, the pants, the bag, the whip, the gun, etc. Now the Aldens, that's a different story. I'll probaly purchase a pair of them because they are supposedly excellent footwear, and I have heard much praise concerning them. I do like the fedora/leather jacket look because it has that retro look that appeals to me. I have worn hats and A-2 jackets since the 70's, although the hats were not fedoras. I have only been wearing fedoras for the last 4 or 5 years. I discovered fedoras from the Indy movies, and immediately loved the look of his hat. It didn't take long to find one, and I have worn them ever since. Consciously, I am not trying to emulate the character, I just love the look. As I have stated before, I basically don't care about what other people think, but I would never wear the complete outfit often in public. The key word here is "basically". Of course I realize that I look Indyesque, with the fedora and brown leather jacket, but it is still far enough away from his garb to make me comfortable with it. And I have seen several old movies where the characters sported leather jackets and fedoras. So it's not just an Indy thing. It was fairly common dress at one time many years ago. I have ordered a wested in the new lambskin, and I will wear it with my fedora. I don't see anything wrong with this. Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]