Re: At Uswings they now offer a Kangaroo hide Indiana Jones Jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on December 23, 1999 at 14:07:56:

In Reply to: Re: At Uswings they now offer a Kangaroo hide Indiana Jones Jacket posted by Ender on December 22, 1999 at 20:41:23:

: : I don't know much about them, other than they're very expensive.Maybe they have had jackets in kangaroo hide for a long time but I just never noticed it. Does anybody know anything about them?

: They just started offering the Kangaroo hide jacket. (Within the last week.)

: Well, I'll post my opinion on the U.S. wings jacket. Take it only as my opinion. I'm sure that there are plenty of people out there who love this jacket. However, I thought the jacket just didn't live up to "Indy's standard". I ordered the Lambskin jacket, FYI. Let me start with the pluses: The leather is very nice, and is smooth on the back, and the arms have a slight texture. The leather feels very sturdy, and can probably take a lot of punishment. The stiching feels solid, and well-done. The antiquing finish gives it a very nice appearance. Now, for the negatives: The interior lining is made from 100% nylon. It feels cheap (to me!) and looks it, too. (However, it's probably very durable, and would last a long time.) The interior pocket is too far up and in. (For me... I'm 6'2", so it might just be that I needed an XL instead of L.) When I reach into the pocket, I literally have to go under my armpit to get a good hold on the lip.

: Now, just so you all know, I no longer have this jacket. I decided to return it to US Wings, and I placed an order for my Wested Raider's jacket this morning. I would say that the US Wings jacket is nice for "beginners", or people who want a nice jacket, but it's $70 more than the Wested, and that is including shipping for the Wested. In my opinion, I have no problem paying more money for a top-quality leather jacket. However, the Wested is a better quality jacket (from what I've heard and seen), is custom made, and is cheaper. Why pay more, and settle for less?

: Like I said, this jacket does have it's pluses, but it just really doesn't justify the high price for one. Again, this is all just my opinion. Nothing against US Wings... The owner, "Sarge" Hack is a real nice guy, and is extremely helpful at answering questions. I just feel that Cooper's jacket is inferior. If anyone wants to discuss this review with me, feel free to e-mail me.

: Ender

I echo your opinions. I still have one, and wear it when I go camping, fishing, etc. But it is definitely a less-for-more alternative. I'd return it if I could and use the $340 for another Wested, but it is well broken-in.

Cheers and happy holidays!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: