Talk about interactive entertainment! :D

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on December 23, 1999 at 17:21:23:

Subwoofers can really contribute to the experience of a game!

I usually play The Infernal Machine (and my other PC games) with headphones (as not to disturb the neighbors, and since I'm alone in the room when playing anyways), but about a week ago my friends were over to see the game... so I unplugged my headphones and hooked up my four-speaker and subwoofer setup. I then got a hold of the joystick and started playing The Infernal Machine.

I eventually got Indy to the room with dynamite in Babylon (on Level 2). After talking to Turner and taking care of the Soviet guards there, I had Indy open the door, stand a little ways back with his revolver drawn, and fired into the room. According to my friends (who were sitting on my bed while I sat near my computer), they said that not only did they hear the explosion (not surprising), but that they actually felt the vibration of the explosion (well, at least of the subwoofer).

Wow... is that interactive entertainment or what! :D

-G

Sorry about the rambling... it's near the end of the week and I'm ready for the weekend! ;)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]