I dont feel the need to explain myself to you, I just buy what I want. Period.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. Havlock from proxy-531.public.rwc.webtv.net on December 24, 1999 at 00:40:24:

In Reply to: I don't get the fascination with Indy's clothes at all. posted by ROB T. on December 21, 1999 at 22:20:03:

: I would like to have the Wested only because it looks like an awesome jacket Although I could never feel comfortable in a jacket that cost me so much and I'd never have the nerve to wear it with a fedora. But I think I'd likethe Wested even if Toht had worn it or if I saw it on Woody Allen or someone else. It has nothing to do with Indy.
: I can't understand spending hundreds of dollars to dress like a movie character. It seems to me that Indy (if he were real) would laugh his ass off at someone else dressing like him. If you went up to Harrison Ford in full Indy regalia I think he'd put out a restraining order on you.
: Except for Halloween, you'd never catch me out in public dressed like that anymore than I'd go out dressed like Elvis Presley.

: Anyway, all the talk on this forum about the minuteia of Indy's clothes reminds me of Trekkies. And we all know those geeks never get laid. I think walking around dressed head to toe like Indy would be the same as walking around with a sign on your back that reads "Eternal Virgin."

: And I'm sure I just pissed off half the forum with this post but I don't mean it as any criticism of any of you. It's just I would never do it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]