Re: Indy IV no longer in Spielberg's plans?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gary from 100.borrego.uia.net on December 24, 1999 at 09:05:21:

In Reply to: Indy IV no longer in Spielberg's plans? posted by Goodsport on December 23, 1999 at 17:10:18:

: At the Cinescape website is an article about Steven Spielberg trying to decide what his next directing project should be. Here is the last paragraph of that article:

:
: "Involvement with the Potter movie will almost inevitably push back other projects on the Spielberg plate, which includes Memoirs of a Geisha and the Lindbergh biopic, in addition to Minority Report and A.I"

:
: What does this have to do with Indiana Jones? Well, notice how Indiana Jones IV isn't even listed as one of the possibilities? In the past, Indy IV was always among the list of his future projects... but not this time! :(

: This doesn't bode well, does it?

:
: -G

The problem that I have noticed with directors that become very popular usaly forget there roots and start making artisy or point prover type movies. It seems to me that Mr Spileberg is begining to go that way. I think his movies are still good but they are loosing the fun factor and getting to serious. He must be thinking that becuse he is getting older that his movies must have a point to leave as his legasy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]