Re: are there any sturdy indy style bull whips I can get that are under $150?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2-external.frmt1.sfba.home.com on December 26, 1999 at 17:55:39:

In Reply to: are there any sturdy indy style bull whips I can get that are under $150? posted by Reggie on December 24, 1999 at 16:32:44:

: at least 5 feet long?

You might want to check out Bouldwhips. They have nice looking 6ft., 8 plait whips for $120 (cowhide), and $140 (kangaroo). I briefly considered buying a whip from them, but decided to take the plunge and save up for a Morgan instead. A few people on the net have bought from them, and seem pleased with the quality, price, and speed of delivery from Australia. They also make 12 plait, but you'll have to email them for the price, since it's not mentioned on the website. I'm not sure about s/h, but you're probably talking 20-25 dollars, and even with the extra money, this is still about the cheapest you can find made from kangaroo. The whips are not a mirror image of the Indy style (they're a little lighter and faster, as is the Australian way), but they have the shortened, leather covered handle, a wrist loop, and come in natural tan.

The URL for the site is: http://www.healey.com.au/HomePages/derek/

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]