Side Adjustments on my Wested

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Jones from 209.37.101.169 on December 27, 1999 at 15:45:44:

First, let me state that my Wested jacket is fantastic. I just got it last week. The look, feel and fit are great. It is definitly the most comfortable jacket I have ever had.

However, the side adjustment straps on mine have allready ripped loose somewhat. I am talking a very small amount, probably 1/16 to 1/32 of an inch, but still significant, and on both sides. I did not wear it with the straps adjusted tightly either. I noticed that it was only double stiched where the srap it fits into the pocket and that it had come loose. I took it to a local tailor, and had it triple stitched and reinforced, but I still was a little surprised that I needed to do so. I actually had the tailor sew the pocket on the very bottom to the side adjustment straps themselves for extra strength. Now, there is no way it will rip. Of course, I can't put my hands in there as easily, but how often was Indy sitting aroung with his hands in his pockets?

Has anybody else noticed this?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]