Re: There's only 1 Indiana Jones hat.......HERBERT JOHNSON

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jules Erler from spider-wi061.proxy.aol.com on December 28, 1999 at 16:36:44:

In Reply to: There's only 1 Indiana Jones hat.......HERBERT JOHNSON posted by INDY JONES on December 28, 1999 at 16:09:11:

: I know that there are tons and tons of Indiana Jones hats. Many versions and interpretations. However, for the MOST authenic look,
: there is only the Herbert Johnson. Some people settle for second best.
: I know that since I saw the Indiana Miller hats I thought they meausured up to Indy but they did'nt. I also know that many people in this forum dont have the budget to get an HJ. However, once I was like you all...not enough money but I soon saved alot of money for the hat and now I can get one...I did'nt settle for second best. I dont want to intimidate anybody but there's only one original Indy Hat...in my opinion....the Herbert Johnson Poet

Hehe, I don't know how to break it to you...but you are wrong. You see, the Poet is shaped just a bit differently than the one used in the Indiana Jones movies. You have to ask them to replicate the Indiana Jones hat, trust me, a relative of mine in Ireland went there on his spring break and asked about that.
Don't get me wrong- the Poet still fits the bill as an Indiana Jones hat, and anyone walking down the street while you are wearing it will assume it's an IJ hat, but it isn't the TRUE hat you might really assume it is.
Buying a Poet as opposed to the Indy hat isn't the same as buying a Wested versus buying, say a Cooper, its more like buying a Wested ToD as opposed to a Wested Raiders--only different in length.

I hope you get your hat soon, as I see you have been getting a little impatient though, and WEAR IT WITH PRIDE!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]